- Department of Public Safety
- The Department of Public Safety supports the University’s core mission of teaching, research, and public service by developing partnerships within the University Community that encourage problem solving and communication in order to identify and address public safety and transportation needs with professionalism and integrity, while protecting North Carolina’s future. The Department is also committed to being the leading community-oriented public-safety department in the United States.
- UNC Highway Safety Research Center
- The Highway Safety Research Center conducts interdisciplinary research which is aimed at reducing deaths, injuries and related community costs of crashes that occur on roadways. The research looks at pedestrian, as well as bicycle and motor vehicle crashes while taking into account other factors.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center
The PBIC is an enormous resource for information about health and safety, engineering, advocacy, education, enforcement and access and mobility. The PBIC assists anyone interested in pedestrian and bicycle issues, including planners, engineers, private citizens, advocates, educators, police enforcement and the health community.
- Highway Safety DIRECTIONS
- A quarterly e-newsletter of the University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center.
Highway Safety Research Center