Each year across the United States approximately 800 school-aged children are killed in motor vehicle crashes during normal school travel hours. More than half of these fatalities and injuries occur when a teenager is driving a passenger vehicle.
- North Carolina School Transportation Group
- Information and data on recent school bus safety studies, the school bus seat belt issue, and the School Transportation Group in North Carolina
- Safe Routes to School
- Includes steps on starting a Safe Routes program, frequently asked questions, helpful links and a list of sample programs currently in place across the country
- Walk to School Activities
- Information about Walk to School events in the USA, how to get involved and resources to help plan a walk in your community
- Seat Belts on School Buses
- Parents and others concerned with the lack of seat belts on school buses must remember that these vehicles are covered by standards separate, and much different, from those covering passenger cars.