Child Passenger Safety
Properly used child restraints and seat belts provide very good protection to children. Providing this protection to children in crashes requires three important steps: restraint selection, harnessing and installation.
- North Carolina Child Passenger Safety Resource Center
- Information about North Carolina occupant restraint laws as well as tips for choosing and using child occupant protection.
- Child Restraint Recalls
- Information on recalls includes links to additional sources of information and lists of seats under recall. Users of this information can sign up for notification of updates via email.
- The LATCH System
- The intent of LATCH - Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children - is to simplify child restraint installation and thus help to protect children by keeping child restraints more secure in vehicles.
- NC Child Passenger Safety Law
- Includes an overview of North Carolina’s child passenger safety law, including a series of common questions and the difference in the law and safety recommendations.