- Helmet Use Tips
- Can't live with them? Learn to, because you can't bike safely without them. Properly wearing a helmet when cycling is your best means of protection against injury.
- North Carolina Bicycle Helmet Study
- During 1999 and 2002, HSRC researchers collected observational data about bicycle helmet use in 22 randomly selected cities and towns throughout North Carolina.
- British Columbia Bicycle Helmet Study
- In a project funded by the US Centers for Disease Control, HSRC is currently studying the effect of a Canadian bicycle helmet law. In 1996, the province of British Columbia became the first North American province or state to require bicycle helmet use by riders of all ages on a public thoroughfare.
For more research related to this topic, please visit our Research Library.