- UN Decade of Action for Road Safety
The United Nations has unanimously proclaimed 2011-2020 as the Decade of Action for Road Safety, making traffic crashes an international priority. HSRC proudly supports the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020.
- Patricia Waller Lecture
- This annual lecture honors the life and work of Dr. Patricia Fossum Waller, who died in 2003. Dr. Waller, credited with developing the concept for Graduated Driver Licensing, worked for nearly two decades at the UNC Highway Safety Research Center.
- HSRC 40th Anniversary
- The Center celebrated its 40th year of contribution to highway safety research in 2005. Since the mid-60s, HSRC has conducted interdisciplinary research aimed at reducing deaths, injuries, and related societal costs of roadway crashes.
- 2009 PRC-HAN Conference: Promoting Environmental and Policy Change to Support Healthy Aging
- The UNC Highway Safety Research Center is a proud sponsor of the the 2009 Conference of the Centers for Disease Control Prevention Research Centers and the Healthy Aging Research Network, held on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus at the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education.