HSRC publications and presentations
HSRC researchers and staff regularly publish findings in peer-reviewed journals and present research results at professional meetings and trade conferences in the fields of transportation, safety, research, and public health. Below is a list of recent presentations and publications. To browse a complete list of recent HSRC publications and presentations, click here.
- Hauer, E., Bonneson, J.A., Council, F.M., Srinivasan, R., Bahar, G. (2012). Value of research on safety effects of actions. Transportation Research Record, 2280, 68-74. Available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.3141/2280-08
- Masten, S.V., Foss, R.D., Marshall, S.W. (2013). Graduated driver licensing program component calibrations and their association with fatal crash involvement. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 57, 105–113. Available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2013.04.013
- O’Brien, N.P., Foss, R.D., Goodwin, A.H., Masten, S.V. (2013). Supervised hours requirements in graduated driver licensing: Effectiveness and parental awareness. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 50, 330-335. Available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2012.05.007
- Sandt, L. (2013). Applying best practices in developing an education and enforcement program: Lessons from a pedestrian injury prevention campaign in North Carolina. Presentation to the Active Living Research Conference, February 28, 2013, San Diego, California.
- Sandt, L. (2013). Applying best practices in developing an education and enforcement program: Lessons from a pedestrian injury prevention campaign in North Carolina. Presentation to the Lifesavers Conference, April 15, 2013, Denver, Colorado.
- Thomas, L. (2013). Speed management action planning for Randolph County, NC. Presentation to the National Rural Transportation Peer Learning Conference sponsored by the National Association of Development Organizations, April 24-26, 2013, Greenville, South Carolina.
- Thomas, L. (2013). Speed Management action planning for Randolph County, NC. Presentation to the Annual North Carolina Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations Conference, “Mapping the Future - Two Years at a Time,” May 15-17, 2013, Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Thomas, L. (2013). Using BIKESAFE: Bicycle Countermeasure Selection System to create safer streets for cycling. Presented to Edmonton’s 5th International Conference on URBAN TRAFFIC SAFETY, April 29-May 2, 2013, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.